Foodie Fare: Target Field Goes Gourmet
The 2014 Home Opener wasn't the only festivity that took place this week at Target Field. In addition to fan favorites and ballpark classics, concession vendors are now dishing up items ranging from gourmet to absurd. Whether filling up while catching the action or grabbing a bite while roaming the concourse, the stadium has something for every foodie.
Here's a preview of the four-star style grub being served up. Your taste buds are about to be assaulted in the very best way possible!
- Hrbek's Restaurant - Twins fans can partake in the ultimate dining experience - behind home plate. The eatery got its namesake from former first-baseman Kent Hrbek and offers basket-style food and a full bar. Our favorite is the Bigger, Better, Burger Bloody Mary, an adventurous food and beverage pairing that treats bacon cheeseburgers like cocktail garnishes.
- Butcher & the Boar - The chefs at this James Beard Award Semi-Finalist for Best New Restaurant know how to take American cooking to the next level. New this year is the basket of charcoal-grilled beef rib tips served with house-made spicy pickles, which can easily be washed down by a Jim Beam Hurricane, neat Knob Creek, or one of several craft beers on tap.
- AZ Canteen - Local celebrity chef Andrew Zimmern has once again whipped up two new sammies for discerning palettes. For a spicy kick, try the Crispy Belly Bacon sandwich, topped with jalapeno jelly and vinegar slaw. In the mood for something with a hint of sweet? Nosh on the Smoked Meat Sandwich with vinegar slaw and maple syrup hot sauce. Nom nom nom!
- Frankie V's Stand - Feeling carnivorous? Satisfy your meat-lover's craving at one of several stands dotted around the concessions area. Named after pitching great Frankie Viola, the stands are now offering three meaty options from Valentini's Supper Clubs: an Italian Burger, porchetta egg rolls, or a bucket of mini house-made meatballs.
- Izzy's Ice Cream - If you've never indulged in handmade ice cream set atop a freshly baked waffle cone, then this is truly an experience that's not to be missed. Izzy's offers a rotating selection of tasty flavors, from classic vanilla to their signature salted caramel. Can't choose just one? Order the Dizzy Izzy and combine up to 5 small scoops. Your sweet tooth will thank you.
Missed the home opener? You don't have to wait until the next home game to check out the new culinary lineup. Feast your eyes on this mouthwatering gallery from the Minnesota Twins, or check out the complete guide to food offering and prices.
Now It's Your Turn
If you’ve been to Target Field already this year, leave a comment below and tell us which menu items you thought knocked it out of the park!