CRP Certificate of Rent Paid Form Minnesota 2014

by Joe Kirkwood

CRP Certificate of Rent Paid Form Minnesota 2014

If you're an owner of a property in Minnesota and you have rented it out in 2014 then you must provide a Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) form to each person who rented from you during the previous year unless the property is tax-exempt.

Roommates: The owner, landlord or property manager is required to provide each renter living in the unit a separate CRP form showing that each roommate paid an equal portion of the rent, regardless of the portion actually paid or whose names are on the lease agreement.

You must give each renter a CRP by Jan. 31, 2015 if:

  • property tax was payable in 2014 on the property, or
  • you were not required to pay property tax but you made “payments in lieu of property taxes”

Renters need the CRP to apply for the state Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter's Property Tax Refund (“renter’s refund”).

If you are interested in learning more about our Property Management Services or our Service Fees,  please Contact us today.


This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Post Views:


Comments are closed.