These terms govern and apply to your access and use of www.mplsrent.com and the social networking services available via www.mplsrent.com. By accessing or using our service, you agree to be bound all of the terms and conditions described in these Terms.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail – not by email, unless by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Your communication must include substantially all of the following:
1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2) Identify in sufficient detail the location of copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon
3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material
4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
5) The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
6) Send the written communication to:
4917 28th Ave S, Minneapolis MN 55417
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The content and design elements of the pages on this site were create by Kirkwood and Company LTD. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. The material provided on this site is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States copyright law and international treaties. The copyrights and other intellectual property in the content of this site is owned by us and/or others. Except for the limited rights granted herein, all other rights are reserved. MPLS RENT and the MPLS RENT logo are trademarks of Kirkwood and Company LTD. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
MPLS RENT, Account Information
You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the account sign-up process. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account login information and for any activities or actions occurring under your account. Kirkwood and Company LTD encourages you to use a "strong" password (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) for your account. Kirkwood and Company LTD will not be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Each account login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for your account for as many people as you'd like. You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted. One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
Kirkwood and Company LTD reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, false or misleading or to reclaim any username that you create through the Service that violates our Terms. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Account, and agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are responsible for activities that occur under your Account.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our service includes links to other sites and services that are not operated by us. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content or links displayed on such sites. You are responsible for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any third party sites.
Kirkwood and Company LTD takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time. You must therefore check these terms and conditions for any such changes each time you visit this website.
Kirkwood and Company LTD makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it, including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items. Furthermore, neither MN Property Listing Services LTD nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS SITE AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS SITE, ITS PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND/OR CONTENT, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, EVEN IF THIS SITE OR OUR LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
In no event shall Kirkwood and Company LTD be liable for any actual, direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages, or any other damages whatsoever related to any breach of the terms of this agreement, including compliance with fair housing laws even if Kirkwood and Company LTD has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, tort or under any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, products and materials on this site.
Rental Applications and Paying Rent Online
Our website www.mplsrent.com uses a third party service provider to screen tenants and to pay rent online. Both services include full terms and disclosures that are applicable to the individuals applying on-line for properties. Prospective Renters are FULLY responsible for verifying rental and payment information PRIOR to applying for a property or paying rent online. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your application or payment online, nor does it constitute an acceptance into any program or service offering. Kirkwood and Company LTD reserves the right after receipt of your application to accept or decline your application with the permission of the property owner and any such payments made shall not be refundable, even if the information provided is erroneous.
Brokers, Property Owner’s, and Manager’s Responsibilities
As a property owner or manager you have a responsibility and a requirement under the law not to discriminate in the rental of property on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. You cannot instruct your agent to convey on your behalf any limitations in the rental because your agent is bound by law not to discriminate. Agents in a rental transaction are prohibited by law from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. They are prohibited from complying with a request from the property owner or manager to act in a discriminatory manner in the lease or rental. Moreover, a property owner or manager cannot establish discriminatory terms or conditions in the purchase or rental, deny that housing is available, or advertise that the property is available only to persons of a certain race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national original. The Minnesota Human Rights Act (Statute 363A) also covers sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, and status with regard to receipt of public assistance.
Buyer’s & Renter’s Rights
As someone seeking to buy or rent an apartment, home or condo, you have the right to expect that housing will be available to you without discrimination or other limitations based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. This includes the right to expect equal professional service, the opportunity to consider a broad range of housing choices, no discriminatory limitations on communities or locations of housing, no discrimination in the pricing or financing of housing, reasonable accommodations in rules, practices and procedures for persons with disabilities, and to be free from harassment or intimidation for exercising your fair housing rights.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities in places of public accommodations and commercial facilities.
Equal Housing Opportunity: Minnesota Property Leasing Services Policy
Property owners and managers and their brokers are subject to the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibits "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination."
Kirkwood and Company LTD supports Equal Housing Opportunity and we encourage users of our site to follow appropriate guidelines to comply with the Federal Housing Act, as well as any applicable state and local regulations. All renters are hereby informed that all property rental offers are available on an equal opportunity basis.
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act makes discrimination unlawful with respect to any aspect of a credit application on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program.
MPLS RENT BACKGROUND SCREENING AND RENTAL CRITERIA
Applicant Screening Criteria for Properties Located in the City of Minneapolis
Subject to the below exceptions, we will not consider:
- Any misdemeanor with a sentencing date older than three years.
- Any felony with a sentencing date older than seven years.
- Any conviction for any of the following felonies with a sentencing date older than ten years: first-degree murder, second-degree murder, third-degree murder, first-degree, manslaughter, kidnapping, first-degree criminal sexual conduct, first degree assault, first degree arson, and first-degree aggravated robbery.
- Any arrest in an inactive case that did not result in conviction.
- The applicant’s participation in or completion of a diversion or a deferral of judgment program, including stays of adjudication and continuances for dismissal or without prosecution.
- Any conviction that has been vacated or expunged, or for which the applicant received a stay of imposition of sentencing and complied with the terms of the stay.
- Any conviction for a crime that is no longer illegal in the state of Minnesota.
- Any conviction or any other determination or adjudication in the juvenile justice system.
There are two exceptions to the above criminal screening criteria:
- Exception 1 – we will consider any conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802).
- Exception 2 – we will consider any conviction for those same offenses that mandate denial of tenancy in federally assisted housing subject to federal regulations, including but not limited to when any member of the household is subject to a lifetime sex offender registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program.
If, at the time of application, you submit evidence you would like us to consider regarding your criminal history, we will consider that evidence before a denial decision is made.
We will not consider:
- Any eviction if more than three years have passed between the entry of judgment on the eviction and the date of application.
- Any eviction if one or more years have passed between the application date and the date of a settlement agreement in an eviction action.
- Any eviction that was filed in court but was dismissed on a date prior to the application date.
- Any eviction in which judgment was entered in favor of the applicant.
- Insufficient rental history, except where the applicant in bad faith withheld or withholds rental history information that might otherwise form a basis for denial.
- Verifiable income equal to 2.9 times the rent or higher.
- We will run a credit history report. We will not consider your credit score. We may, however, consider other information in your credit report if the information is relevant to your ability to pay rent or your fitness as a tenant.
- We will not deny your application based on an insufficient credit history, except in cases where you have in bad faith withheld credit history information that might otherwise form a basis for denial.
- If your application is denied based on failure to meet any screening criteria, you will be notified in writing of our decision within fourteen days of the date the denial decision was made. The writing will let you know the specific criteria you failed to meet. We will keep a copy of the notice for at least two years. If the department of regulatory services requests a copy of the denial, we will provide it.
Fair Housing Statement. We are a fair housing provider. We do not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, creed, marital status, public assistance, ancestry, and sexual or affectional orientation.
Application Requirements. Your application must be filled out completely and accurately. An incomplete application may be rejected or not processed. Any misstatements or omissions made on your application, whether or not discovered before you move into the building, is grounds for denial of an application or termination of an existing lease. Information must be legible and verifiable. If information given on the application cannot be checked out and verified, this is a reason for rejection. Omission of information, such as an address or employer, may be grounds for rejection.
Identification and Application Process. Every person over 18 must be screened and must provide a government-issued photo ID.
Payment of the security deposit and a $40-$100 application fee is required at the time you apply for the apartment. Application fees differ from building to building. One application per adult is required even if you’re a married. The apartment will not be held until the security deposit is paid in full. THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
All applications are processed by RHR Information Services, Inc. Please direct all inquiries regarding your file to the following address:
Rental History Reports
701 5th Street South
Hopkins, MN 55343
Telephone (952) 545-3953